WHY YOU SHOULD CARE
The Society for Prevention Research envisions a wellness-oriented society in which evidenced-based programs and policies are continuously applied to improve the health and well-being of its citizens, fostering positive human development and citizens who lead productive lives, in caring relationships with others.
The SPR Annual Meeting provides a unique opportunity to advance this vision by providing a centrally integrated forum for the exchange of new concepts, methods, and results from prevention research and related public health fields; and by providing a forum for the communication between scientists, public policy leaders and practitioners concerning the implementation of evidence-based preventive interventions in all areas of public health.
Entertainment Commission founding president, Terrance Alan and Research Scientist, Brenda Miller, will be panelists on Thursday May 30, 2013 from 1:15 until 2:45 PM. The session will focus on Domestic and International Strategies for Prevention Research On Young Adult High Risk Behaviors in Drinking Establishments. Brenda Miller has been studying patron behavior at San Francisco venues for over six years.
Don’t miss this opportunity to meet and network with more than 800 researchers, policy-makers and practitioners from the U.S. and abroad at the premiere meeting for prevention science!
· Three plenary sessions (click here)
· A full day of pre-conference workshops (click here)
· More than 300 presentations including organized paper symposia, organized poster forums, roundtable discussions/scientific dialogues and paper presentations
· Two evening poster sessions and receptions
· Presidential Address (click here)
· ECPN Luncheon (click here)
· NIH Events
· NIDA International Poster Session
· International Networking Forum (click here)
· Diversity Network Reception
· Annual Minority Scholarship Fund Dance
· SPR Cup (click here)
· Keynote Speaker and Awards Presentations (click here)
· “Brown Bag” Special Interest Group Meetings (click here)
*To view the program schedule online, please click on “Program Schedule” icon above.
**Online registration ends May 26, 2013.
***Hyatt Regency San Francisco is SOLD OUT, Wednesday, May 29, and Thursday, May 30. Click here for the overflow hotel information.